These garlic roasted radishes are an easy and delicious low carb side dish. They’re a great alternative to potatoes. These oven baked radishes are perfect for holiday gatherings or any time you’re in the mood for something a little different.
What to serve with these garlic roasted radishes
This moist and delicious meatless meatloaf would be perfect served with these radishes. It’s easy to make and totally satisfying. And if you’re looking for a green vegetable to add to the meal, try this easy baked okra recipe. It’s loaded with flavor.
Ingredients and substitutions
This recipe calls for fresh radishes. I used pink radishes this time but any variety of radish will work, so use whatever looks good.
I prefer to use fresh garlic in this dish but in a pinch you can substitute jarred chopped garlic or garlic powder.
This recipe calls for extra virgin olive oil but you can substitute any other type of oil you prefer.
I like to season these garlic roasted radishes with dried rosemary (fresh rosemary is fine too). Alternatively you can substitute dried thyme, oregano, or basil if you like.
How to make them
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then grab a large sheet pan and line it with a piece of parchment paper. Wash, dry, and trim the stem and root ends of the radishes, then cut them in half before measuring.
Add the radishes, extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and salt to the parchment paper lined sheet pan. Use your hands to toss the radishes with the oil and spices (or you can use a mixing bowl instead, but I prefer to mix everything on the sheet pan so there’s one less dish to clean). Then spread the radishes in an even layer.
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 48 minutes, or until they’re fork tender and look a bit crispy around the edges.
Store the radishes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
For an extra flavor boost, sprinkle one tablespoon of finely chopped fresh herbs on top of these garlic roasted radishes once they’re finished cooking. Fresh basil, chives, dill, or tarragon are all good options.
More side dish recipes to try
- These garlicky roasted potatoes are a delicious, flavorful side.
- This baked polenta is perfect for entertaining.
- This quinoa is smothered in a delicious fresh pesto sauce.
- These slow roasted onions are budget-friendly and flavor-loaded.
Garlic Roasted Radishes
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- 4 cups radishes (cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, dry, and trim the stem and root ends of the radishes, then cut them in half before measuring.
- Add the radishes, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to toss the radishes with the oil and spices, then spread them in an even layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 48 minutes, or until they're fork tender and slightly crispy around the edges, then serve.
- Store these garlic roasted radishes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Optional addition: when the radishes are finished cooking, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh herbs such as basil, chives, dill, or tarragon on top before serving.
You might also like
- This parsley pesto is delicious tossed with pasta or used as a pizza sauce. It’s also delicious as a spread in sandwiches or drizzled on roasted vegetables.
- This delicious and easy tofu marinade recipe is a must try. It transforms tofu into a crave-worthy dinner or lunch.
- This easy vegan cream of cauliflower soup recipe is filling and delicious.
- This simple recipe for date paste is perfect for sweetening refined sugar-free treats.