These gluten free cinnamon muffins are a tasty and nutritious breakfast or snack that tastes just like dessert. They’re sweet and moist with a cakey texture and loaded with cinnamon and vanilla flavour.
These are great if you’re accommodating multiple dietary restrictions, because in addition to being gluten free they’re also paleo, dairy free, grain free, and refined sugar free.
These muffins are spiced with plenty of cinnamon and vanilla. They taste like a healthier version of a cinnamon roll – in muffin form.
These muffins call for bananas and if you’ve got a few that are getting pretty spotty and almost overripe, go ahead and use them in this recipe. Very ripe bananas are perfect in baked goods like banana bread and banana muffins. The riper the banana, the sweeter the end result will be.
This recipe calls for coconut flour, which is commonly used in paleo baking. It’s higher in fibre and lower in carbohydrates than all purpose white flour, so it’s a great healthy flour to use in paleo baked goods.
Some optional additions you can add to the batter: walnuts (or any other nuts of your choosing), raisins, fresh or frozen berries, chopped up apples, or even dark chocolate chips. Add 1/2 cup each of any of the above if desired.
These gluten free cinnamon muffins are a great snack option for school or work. They also make a good on-the-go breakfast you can make in advance. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or freeze them for up to six months. Thaw them at room temperature or in the microwave.
More Paleo Treats
For another gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free treat, try this sweet potato bread. It’s sweet, tender, and lightly spiced.
Or try these chocolate muffins. They’re easy to make and taste like dessert, yet they’re nutritious enough to enjoy for breakfast.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the bananas, eggs, raw honey, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract and cinnamon to a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth and well mixed (alternatively you can use a mixing bowl and just mash the bananas by hand and whisk the eggs by hand).
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the coconut flour and baking soda.
- Mix well, then spoon the batter into a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a preheated oven for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 gluten free cinnamon muffins.
- For a little extra sweetness and crunch, add 1/2 cup each of raisins, paleo chocolate chips, walnuts and/or pecans to this recipe.
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I create simple, gluten free recipes made with nourishing, nutrient-rich ingredients.