This gluten free crustless pumpkin pie recipe is refined sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free. It has a luscious texture and is full of pumpkin spice flavours. This is a tasty, nutritious, and easy dessert option for Thanksgiving.
I used canned pumpkin purée in this recipe, but you can substitute homemade puréed pumpkin if you prefer. To make a simple pumpkin purée, bake or steam fresh pumpkin, then blend it to a smooth consistency.
This pie is sweetened with date paste. Date paste is a natural alternative sweetener made from puréed dates. It’s easy to make, nutritious, and tastes delicious in desserts. See my date paste recipe for exact instructions.
This recipe calls for plenty of warm spices, and they’re what gives this pie its delicious flavour. Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla combine to give this pie a warm, cozy flavour and aroma.
You can use store bought pumpkin pie spice instead of those spices if you prefer. Include the vanilla but leave out the dry spices and substitute 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice instead.
This pumpkin pie is easy to make. Start by whisking the eggs well in a large mixing bowl. Then add the rest of the ingredients before whisking again. All that’s left is to pour the batter into a baking dish, then bake the pie. That’s all there is to it.
This gluten free crustless pumpkin pie is flavourful and delicious served on its own, but you can take it to the next level by topping it with this refined sugar free whipped cream (if you don’t need to keep it dairy free).
More Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes
For another delicious pumpkin dessert, try these pumpkin brownies. They’re gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
These pumpkin cookies are soft and chewy. They’re easy to make and turned out great.
Or try these tasty pumpkin muffins. They’re gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Gluten Free Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup date paste see my date paste recipe for instructions
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the date paste, pumpkin purée, spices, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs thoroughly then add them to the other bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir in the baking powder.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 9 inch pie dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Makes about 10 slices of gluten free crustless pumpkin pie.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to five days.
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I create simple, gluten free recipes made with nourishing, nutrient-rich ingredients.