These peach muffins with pecans turned out delicious. The combination of peaches, pecans, and nutmeg just works so well in these healthy muffins. They’re sweet but not too sweet and the best way to describe their flavour is “cozy”.
These muffins are gluten free, paleo diet friendly, grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free. They’re sweetened only with date paste so these muffins are perfect if you’re trying to reduce (or eliminate) your refined sugar intake.
Date paste adds a lovely caramely flavour to this recipe which compliments the pecans and the peaches nicely. If you don’t have any dates and still want to make this recipe you could try substituting honey and I suspect the results will be good.
Lately I’ve been baking with coconut flour because it’s a great grain free, low carb alternative to wheat flour. Coconut flour adds a lovely subtle flavour to baked goods without overpowering the other flavours in this recipe.
Coconut flour absorbs liquids differently than most grain flours do, so I don’t recommend substituting other flours in this particular recipe. But if you reeeeeally want to use another flour, try using 1 1/2 cups of your preferred flour and proceed at your own risk!
I almost always opt to use extra virgin olive oil as the fat in my gluten free treats because I think it’s a healthier option than vegetable oil or canola oil and I’d rather not use melted butter as I prefer to keep my baked goods dairy free lately. But if you like butter, feel free to swap the olive oil for melted butter. Melted coconut oil would work too.
These peach muffins make a delicious healthy breakfast, snack or dessert. You can make a double batch and freeze some for later or serve them up warm to brunch guests. Pack these as a healthy and delicious school snack for the kids or bring them to work for a healthy desk snack.
Peach Muffins With Pecans
- 3/4 cups date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup chopped peaches
- Add the date paste, extra virgin olive oil, eggs, vanilla, and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl and whisk until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add the pecans and peaches and stir once more.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin tray with paper liners and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 gluten free peach muffins with pecans.
Paleo Banana Bread