These gluten-free peach muffins are paleo diet friendly, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. They’re sweetened with date paste so these muffins are perfect if you’re trying to reduce added sugars in your diet.
Date paste adds a lovely caramely flavour to this recipe which complements the peaches nicely. If you don’t have any dates you can substitute maple syrup or honey instead.
Lately I’ve been baking with coconut flour because it’s a great grain-free, low carb alternative to wheat flour. Coconut flour adds a lovely subtle flavour to baked goods without overpowering the other flavours in this recipe.
Coconut flour absorbs liquids differently than most grain flours do, so I don’t recommend substituting other flours in this particular recipe.
I often use extra virgin olive oil as the fat in my dairy-free treats because it has a rich, warm flavour. If you prefer the flavour of butter, feel free to use melted butter instead of the olive. Melted coconut oil would work well in this recipe too.
I included pecans in these muffins because they complement the flavour of the peaches. For a nut-free version of these muffins you can omit the pecans.
These gluten-free peach muffins make a delicious breakfast, snack or dessert. You can make a double batch and freeze some for later or serve them up warm to brunch guests. Pack these as school snacks for the kids or bring them to work.
More muffin recipes
- These gluten-free chocolate muffins are easy to make, filling, and nutritious.
- These chickpea muffins are perfect for a make ahead breakfast or snack.
- These corn muffins are subtly sweet and so delicious.
- These sweet potato muffins taste like dessert but are nutritious enough to eat for breakfast.
Gluten-Free Peach Pecan Muffins (Paleo & Dairy-Free)
- 3/4 cups date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup chopped peaches
- Add the date paste, extra virgin olive oil, eggs, vanilla, and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl and whisk until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add the pecans and peaches and stir once more.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin tray with paper liners and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 gluten-free peach muffins.
- These muffins can be made with nectarines instead of peaches if you prefer.
- Store these muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or freezer for up to six months.