This no churn peanut butter chocolate ice cream is a delicious and healthier version of the classic. It’s sweetened with raw honey and made with milk, cocoa powder and natural peanut butter. Plus it has just the right amount of salt to give this frozen treat a nice balance of sweet and salty.
Does this no churn ice cream taste exactly the same as regular ice cream made in an ice cream maker? Is the texture and consistency identical to traditional ice cream? Stop asking me questions you already know the answer to. But it’s so rich and delicious tasting and has a delightful texture that is a cross between ice cream and frozen pudding.
This dessert is definitely an indulgence and not low in calories, so a small portion is all you’ll need to satisfy (suggested serving size is 1/4 cup). I like that this homemade ice cream is nutrient dense and contains natural ingredients and no refined sugar. Definitely worth making at least once this summer if you’re a chocolate peanut butter fan!
You’ll need a food processor or blender to make this ice cream recipe, although if any of you don’t have either of those appliances, (or are making this during a power outage?) and want to try mixing this up by hand, give it a go and please let me know how it turns out! I suspect with enough elbow grease it will work.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the natural peanut butter to a microwave safe dish or pot on the stove and microwave or cook on low heat until the peanut butter is a liquid consistency.
- Then add the peanut butter to a food processor (or blender) along with the honey, milk, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Blend or process all the ingredients for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and for at least four hours.
- Let the ice cream thaw for a few minutes at room temperature so it softens enough to scoop.
- Makes 2 1/4 cups of no churn chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Nutritional Information: