This chocolate hazelnut spread is such a decadent treat. I’d choose this healthy vegan, refined sugar free, dairy free chocolate spread over the store bought sugary stuff any day. It’s sweet, but not sickeningly sweet, and very chocolaty tasting with plenty of hazelnut flavour. A bit of extra virgin olive gives this healthy spread a lovely consistency. Use this spread on toast, muffins, or just eat it off the spoon. This is so simple to prepare and perfect for kids and grown ups alike.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Soak the hazelnuts overnight (or for approximately 10-12 hours).
- Add the hazelnuts, date paste, cocoa powder, and salt to a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
- Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups of chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.