This refined sugar free, vegan, gluten free peanut butter banana bread is the perfect variation on the classic for those of you that love the combination of peanut butter and banana. This recipe is definitely one of my favourite ways to enjoy that classic combo.
This gluten free peanut butter banana bread is moist, sweet, delicious and contains nutritious ingredients, so it’s a truly guilt-free indulgence. It freezes well too so you can slice it, freeze it, and thaw out a piece for an on-the-go breakfast, snack, or treat.
I used oat flour in this vegan peanut butter banana bread. I generally prefer to bake with oat flour because it’s whole grain and gluten free (just make sure it is labelled as gluten free to avoid cross contamination with gluten if that is a requirement for you). Many grocery stores carry oat flour these days, but I prefer to make my own since it’s easy and more economical. To make oat flour, simply fill your food processor with rolled oats and process for 2 minutes, then store in an airtight container.
To keep this recipe vegan, I opted to use a flax egg instead of a traditional egg. Flax eggs are easy to make and work very well in vegan baking. To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of cold water, then leave the mixture in the fridge to thicken for 10 minutes.
For another delicious plant based treat, try these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies. They’re gluten free, dairy free, egg free. and easy to make.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 cup date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 flax eggs (to make a flax egg simply mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of cold water, then leave the mixture in the fridge to thicken for 10 minutes)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the date paste, mashed bananas, peanut butter, salt, and flax egg to a mixing bowl and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the oat flour with the baking powder, then add that mixture to the wet ingredients and stir again until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 inch loaf pan and bake at in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes. Makes 10 slices of peanut butter banana bread.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Bread Nutritional Information:
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.