This refined sugar free, gluten free grapefruit cake is refreshing and zingy. It's perfect for brunch or snack time.
- 1 1/2 cups date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 well beaten eggs
- The zest of 1 grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, add the date paste, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, eggs, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit zest and stir until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the oat flour and baking powder and then add that mixture to the wet ingredients and stir once more to combine.
Pour the batter into a greased medium sized (9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75) loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 42 minutes.
Let cool completely before serving.
Makes 10 slices of grapefruit cake.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or freeze for up to six months.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 333mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 71IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg