This healthy grapefruit cake is refreshing and zingy. Perfect for brunch or snack time.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time42 mins
Total Time52 mins
- 1 1/2 cups date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 well beaten eggs
- The zest of 1 grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
In a large mixing bowl, add the date paste, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, eggs, grapefruit juice, and grapefruit zest and stir until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the oat flour and baking powder and then add that mixture to the wet ingredients and stir once more to combine.
Pour the batter into a greased medium sized (9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75) loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 42 minutes.
Let cool completely before serving.
Makes 10 slices of grapefruit cake.
Calories: 190kcal | Fat: 8.7g