Gluten Free Vegan Gingerbread
This gluten free vegan gingerbread is a delicious, refined sugar free Christmas dessert.
- 2 cups date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 3/4 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 2 flax eggs (combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the date paste, extra virgin olive oil, flax eggs, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
In a bowl, mix the oat flour with the baking powder then add that to the wet ingredients and stir again.
Pour the batter into a well greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
Makes 15 portions of gluten free vegan gingerbread.
- Store the gingerbread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or freeze for up to six months.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg