This vegan gingerbread is refined sugar free, plant based, and gluten free too.
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 2 mins
- 2 cups date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 flax eggs (combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cups gluten free oat flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
Add the date paste, extra virgin olive oil, flax eggs, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
In a bowl, mix the oat flour with the baking powder then add that to the wet ingredients and stir again.
Pour the batter into a well greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 inch baking dish and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
Makes 15 portions of vegan gingerbread.
Calories: 150kcal | Fat: 7.4g