Gluten Free Apple Upside Down Cake
This gluten free apple upside down cake is dairy free and contains no added sugar.
- 1 cup date paste (for the batter)
- 1/4 cup date paste (to spread on the bottom of the cake pan)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 well beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 apple peeled and sliced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl add olive oil, date paste, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla, and stir until combined.
In a separate bowl mix oat flour and baking powder to combine, then add that to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
Spread 1/4 of a cup of date paste on the bottom of a well greased 9 inch round baking pan.
Lay sliced apples over the date paste, covering the pan completely.
Pour the batter over the apples, then bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
Let cool before serving.
Makes 8-10 slices of gluten free apple cake.
- Use Golden Delicious Apples for a sweeter flavour or Granny Smith if you prefer a more tart apple.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg