Vegan Cream Of Cauliflower Soup
This vegan cream of cauliflower soup is rich, delicious, and easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped raw cauliflower
- 2 cups peeled and chopped raw white potatoes
- 1 cup chopped raw onions
- 5 cups gluten-free almond milk (or substitute your preferred gluten-free plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
Add the olive oil, garlic, and onions to a pot on the stove and sauté on low heat for one minute.
Add the cauliflower, potatoes, almond milk, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Cook uncovered on low-medium heat for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the nutritional yeast.
Use an immersion blender to blend the soup right in the pot, or alternatively you can transfer it to a blender and blend until smooth.
Makes approximately 6 cups of vegan cream of cauliflower soup.
- You can substitute your favorite plant-based milk in this recipe.
- You can replace the potato with turnips for a lower carb version of this soup.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 685mg | Potassium: 607mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 283mg | Iron: 1mg