Chickpea Flour Wraps
Stuff these chickpea flour wraps with either savory or sweet fillings, then roll them up and enjoy. They're gluten-free, vegan, and easy to make.
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of garlic powder (or substitute cinnamon if you plan on using sweet fillings in the wrap)
- Pinch of dried oregano (omit if using sweet fillings)
Place a large nonstick frying pan on the stove set to medium heat.
Add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan and allow it to heat up for a couple of minutes while you prepare the wrap batter.
Add the chickpea flour, cold water, salt, garlic powder, and dried oregano to a mixing bowl.
Use a whisk to mix well until it has the consistency of a thin batter.
Pour the batter into the hot pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges look crispy, then use a spatula to flip the wrap and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Allow the wrap to cool off for a few minutes before filling it with whatever you like and rolling it up.
- Savoury filling ideas for these chickpea flour wraps include roasted veggies, salad greens, cooked beans, hummus, and/or shredded cheese/vegan cheese.
- Sweet filling ideas include nut butter with apple slices, jam, honey, or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Serving: 1Wrap | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg