Vegan Cream Of Asparagus Soup
This vegan cream of asparagus soup is easy to make and perfect during asparagus season.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled and chopped turnip
- 5 cups chopped fresh asparagus
- 6 cups water (or substitute vegetable broth or coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Add the extra virgin olive oil and onions to a large pot and sauté until the onions are tender.
Add the turnip, asparagus, and water and cook on low-medium heat, covered, until the vegetables are tender (approximately 25 minutes).
At this point you can remove a few asparagus tips from the pot and reserve them to use as a garnish if you wish.
Add the nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
Use an immersion blender to purée the soup to a smooth consistency (or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth).
Makes about 8 servings of vegan cream of asparagus soup.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 633IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg