Vegan Blackberry Muffins
These vegan blackberry muffins are a nutritious breakfast or snack idea. They're easy to make, filling, and tasty. These muffins are also gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free.
Paper baking cups
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup coconut milk (or substitute your preferred plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Add the coconut milk, almond butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt to a mixing bowl, then use a whisk to mix until smooth.
Add the oat flour and baking soda and use a spoon to mix.
Add the blackberries and gently mix them into the batter.
Divide the batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin pan lined with paper baking cups.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 34 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin looks clean upon removal.
Allow the muffins to cool to room temperature before removing from the pan and serving.
- Store these vegan blackberry muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or freeze them for up to six months.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 225.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.4g | Protein: 5.7g | Fat: 11.7g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4.1g | Sodium: 123.8mg | Potassium: 253.3mg | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 9.5g | Vitamin A: 38.6IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 70.4mg | Iron: 1.9mg