Paleo Carrot Cake
This paleo carrot cake is easy to make and delicious. It's gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
- 2 cups cooked chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coconut flour
- Optional: 1/2 cup each of raisins and/or walnuts
Add the honey, cooked carrots, eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, to a blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth and well mixed.
Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl and add the coconut flour and baking soda.
Mix well and be sure to incorporate any lumps from the coconut flour.
Stir in the raisins and/or walnuts.
Spoon the batter into a parchment lined 9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes.
Makes about 10 slices of paleo carrot cake.
- Store this cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to six months.
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4419IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg