This tofu marinade is loaded with flavor from fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and peanut butter. It's quick and easy to make. If you're on the fence about whether or not you like tofu, this recipe is a must try.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth, natural peanut butter (omit for a nut-free marinade)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or substitute honey)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- Pinch of dried chili flakes (optional)
Add the soy sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes to a bowl.
Use a whisk to mix well.
Use immediately to marinate tofu, or store the marinade in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
- This tofu marinade recipe makes enough for one block of tofu (4-5 servings).
- Optional addition: 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Tofu should marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes up to a maximum of 24 hours.
Calories: 68.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 4.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.1g | Sodium: 504.7mg | Potassium: 80.1mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 0.1IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 12.6mg | Iron: 0.4mg