Tomato Coconut Soup
This tomato coconut soup recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
- 1 680 ml or 23 oz jar of strained tomatoes (or substitute canned crushed tomatoes)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or substitute tofu)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 can of chopped baby corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 340 g brown rice noodles optional
In a large pot, add the tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic, and ginger and simmer covered for 1 hour.
Add the chicken (or tofu) and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
Add the broccoli and baby corn and simmer covered for an additional 12 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve as is or over brown rice noodles.
Makes 6 servings of tomato coconut soup.
- Store any leftover soup in the fridge for up to five days.
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 906mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 528IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg