Low Carb Eggplant Lasagna
This low carb eggplant lasagna is a hearty, rich, and filling low carb dinner or lunch option.
- 46 oz strained tomatoes or substitute canned crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 pound of ground beef or substitute turkey, chicken, or crumbled extra firm tofu
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 eggplant thinly sliced into "noodles" using a vegetable peeler.
- 2 zucchini thinly sliced into "noodles" using a vegetable peeler.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, oregano, balsamic vinegar, chili flakes, garlic, salt, and ground beef to a pot and simmer on low heat for approximately one hour until the sauce is thickened.
Thinly slice the eggplant and/or zucchini using a vegetable peeler so they have a thickness similar to lasagna noodles.
Layer the eggplant and zucchini with the sauce and ricotta in a large baking dish.
Top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
Cook uncovered in a preheated oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Makes 8 portions of low carb eggplant lasagna.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to five days
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 920mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 4mg