Gluten Free Carrot Cake Muffins
These gluten free carrot cake muffins are dairy free and refined sugar free. They're perfect for a nutritious breakfast or snack.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked carrots (bake, steam, or boil carrots until tender)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or substitute lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the carrots, coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend briefly to mix.
Divide the batter evenly into a muffin tray lined with 12 paper baking cups.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 38 minutes,
Makes 12 gluten free carrot cake muffins.
- Optional additions include 1/2 cup each of raisins, pecans, walnuts, and/or chopped pineapple, stirred into the batter if desired.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2772IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg