Oven Roasted Okra
This oven roasted okra is an easy vegan vegetable side dish that's perfect when you're craving something a little different.
- 4 cups fresh okra (chopped, width-wise)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Rinse and dry the okra.
Trim the stem side off the okra, then cut the okra in half, width-wise.
Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
Add the olive oil, sesame seeds, garlic, salt, and pepper on top of the okra and toss with your hands to ensure the okra is thoroughly coated.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, pausing after 15 minutes to shake the tray a bit so that the okra rolls around on the tray.
Makes 4 servings of oven roasted okra.
- Be sure to shake the baking tray halfway through the baking process to ensure even cooking.
- Cutting the okra in half before roasting prevents it from turning out slimy.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 716IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg