Vegan Applesauce Muffins
These vegan applesauce muffins are gluten free and nut free. They're perfect as a nutritious breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, add the unsweetened applesauce, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, then stir to combine.
Add the gluten free oat flour and baking powder and stir again until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
Divide the batter evenly into 12 paper lined muffin pan cups.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
Let cool completely before removing from the muffin pan.
Makes 12 vegan applesauce muffins.
- You can add 1/2 cup of nuts, seeds, or raisins to these muffins if you like.
- Be sure to let the batter rest for 10 minutes before baking, as this step improves the texture of the muffins.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg