Vegan Applesauce Muffins
These vegan applesauce muffins are gluten free and nut free. They're an easy, nutritious, and filling breakfast or snack.
1 Muffin Pan
Paper baking cups
- 2 cups oat flour (gluten-free if required)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (or subsitute your preferred oil, or nut butter with no added sugar or salt)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten-free if required)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large mixing bowl, add the unsweetened applesauce, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, then use a whisk to mix well.
Add the oat flour and baking powder and whisk until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Divide the batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin pan using paper baking cups.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
Let the muffins cool completely before removing from the muffin pan and serving.
- Optional additions include 1/2 cup of chopped nuts and/or raisins.
- Store these vegan applesauce muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or freeze them for up to six months.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg