Vegan Puttanesca Pasta
This vegan puttanesca pasta is a plant-based version of a classic, Italian-inspired dish.
- 340 grams brown rice pasta (or substitute your preferred pasta)
- 4 cups strained tomatoes (or substitute crushed tomatoes)
- 3/4 cup olives (pitted and cut in quarters)
- 1/4 cup capers (drained)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Optional garnish: fresh basil or parsley
Add the extra virgin olive oil and garlic to a large pot on the stove and sauté on low heat for approximately one minute to cook the garlic.
Add the strained tomatoes, oregano, and dried chilli flakes, then simmer on low heat, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
Add the olives and capers and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
While the strained tomato mixture is simmering, cook the spaghetti in a separate pot according to the instructions on the package.
Drain the pasta and add it to the pot with the sauce, then simmer for one minute so the pasta absorbs some of the sauce.
Optional: garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
Makes 6 portions of vegan puttanesca pasta.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 689mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg