Creamy Vegan Baked Polenta
This creamy vegan baked polenta is the perfect gluten free side dish to serve with vegan stews or other saucey mains.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or substitute your preferred plant based milk)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (to grease the baking dish)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the cornmeal, almond milk, water, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary to a large mixing bowl and whisk well.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish (or similarly sized dish) with olive oil, then pour in the polenta mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes, pausing halfway to whisk the polenta to incorporate any lumps.
Remove from the oven after 60 minutes and whisk once more to ensure a smooth texture.
Serve hot, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days and reheat before serving.
Makes 6 servings of vegan baked polenta.
- This polenta makes an excellent side dish paired with stews. Or top it with some sautéed mushrooms and fresh parsley or a spoonful of marinara sauce and fresh basil.
- This polenta is quite thick, so if you prefer it runnier, you can add an extra cup of almond milk or water before baking.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1mg