Paleo Sweet Potato Muffins
These paleo sweet potato muffins are dairy free, gluten free, and grain free.
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes (cooked, cooled, and peeled)
- 1/2 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or substitute lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the sweet potatoes, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Transfer the batter to a large mixing bowl and add the coconut flour and baking soda, then mix to combine the ingredients (don’t over mix at this point).
Add the dairy free dark chocolate chips and mix once more.
Using a muffin tray with paper liners, divide the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 38 minutes.
Let cool before serving.
Makes 12 paleo sweet potato muffins.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container in the pantry for a few days or freeze for long term storage.
- Thaw the muffins at room temperature for a couple of hours or defrost in the microwave.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2458IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg