This vegan tahini pasta is creamy, delicious, and so easy to make for a quick, plant-based dinner or lunch.
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup cooking water from the pasta
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pounds gluten-free pasta (approximately 340 grams)
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh basil or parsley
Begin cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, add the tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl and mix well.
When the pasta is almost done cooking, remove 1/2 cup of the cooking water, add it to the bowl with the tahini mixture, then whisk well.
Once the pasta is cooked and drained, pour the tahini sauce over the pasta and mix to coat the pasta evenly with sauce.
Garnish with some chopped fresh basil or parsley (optional).
Makes 6 servings of tahini pasta.
- When the pasta is almost finished cooking, remember to reserve some cooking water before draining the pasta.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 330mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg