Stovetop Candied Pecans
These stovetop candied pecans are the perfect snack for the holidays. They have the right balance of sweet and savoury with a hint of spice.
- 2 cups unsalted pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or substitute your preferred oil)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (omit if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (omit if desired)
Add the coconut oil, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to a large saucepan on the stove and set to medium heat.
Once the coconut oil has melted, add the pecans and maple syrup to the pan.
Cook on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until the pecans are slightly browned, stirring constantly to ensure they don’t burn.
Transfer the pecans to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then spread in an even layer to cool for at least 30 minutes.
Once the pecans have cooled, serve or store in an airtight container.
Makes 8 servings of stovetop candied pecans.
- Optional additional spices include 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, smoked paprika, and/or rosemary.
Serving: 0.25Cup | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg