This chocolate hummus is an easy, nutritious dessert or snack idea. Serve this sweet hummus as a fruit dip with fresh strawberries or any other fruit you like.
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, with no salt added (or substitute cooked, dried chickpeas)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, and salt to a food processor or high powered blender.
Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor bowl as necessary.
Add the cocoa powder and blend once more to incorporate it.
- Optional additions to this chocolate hummus include freshly grated orange zest or peppermint extract.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
- Serve at room temperature for the best consistency.
Serving: 0.25Cup | Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg