Dark Chocolate Hummus
This dark chocolate hummus is an easy, gluten free vegan treat that will satisfy any chocolate craving. Use it as a fruit dip for fresh strawberries or any other fruit you like.
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (with no salt added)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, and salt to a food processor or high powered blender.
Process/blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor bowl as necessary.
Add the cocoa powder and blend once more to incorporate it.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Makes approximately 2 cups (or 8 servings) of dark chocolate hummus.
- Optional additions include freshly grated orange zest or peppermint extract.
- Serve at room temperature for the best consistency.
Serving: 0.25Cup | Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg