These caramelized almonds are sweet, crunchy, and delicious. They're perfect for a nutritious snack or post-dinner treat and also make a great edible gift idea.
- 2 cups raw unsalted almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or substitute your preferred oil)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or substitute honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
Add the almonds, coconut oil, salt, cinnamon, and cloves to a large nonstick pan on the stove set to low-medium heat.
Cook for 5 minutes to toast the almonds, stirring constantly to ensure they don’t burn.
Add the maple syrup and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Transfer the almonds to a parchment paper lined baking tray or platter. Be sure they are spread out in a single layer.
Allow the almonds to cool for at least one hour before serving, then store them in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Storing these nuts in the fridge as opposed to the pantry gives them a particularly crunchy and satisfying texture.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg