Paleo Sweet Potato Bread
This paleo sweet potato bread is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. It's warmly spiced and lightly sweetened with raw honey.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 3/4 cups cooked sweet potato (cooled and skins removed)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the sweet potato, raw honey, eggs, extra virgin olive oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, and salt to a blender or food processor and process/blend until mixed.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut flour and baking soda and stir to combine.
Spoon the batter into a parchment lined medium sized loaf pan (mine is 9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 inches) and bake for 55 minutes (or until cake tests done with a toothpick) at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This recipe calls for cooked sweet potato. Simply steam, boil, or bake sweet potatoes until tender before adding them to the blender or food processor.
- Store this paleo sweet potato bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or freeze it for up to six months.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3445IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg