Dairy Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup
This dairy free cream of mushroom soup is rich, creamy, plant-based deliciousness.
- 4 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup of soaked cashews (soak for 1 hour in 1 cup of boiling water, then drain and rinse)
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or substitute 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
In a large pot or frying pan, sauté the mushroom, onions, garlic and thyme until everything is golden and caramelized.
Once they’re ready you can reserve a few mushroom for garnish if you like.
In a food processor (or blender), add the soaked cashews and 1 cup of water and process until smooth and creamy.
Add the sautéed mushrooms/onions to the food processor and process for a couple more minutes until a purée texture is achieved.
Add the purée to the pot along with the remaining 2 cups of water, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast and simmer on low heat until the soup is heated through.
Makes approximately 5 cups of dairy free cream of mushroom soup.
- Store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days and reheat before serving.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 482mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 3mg