Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
These vegan pumpkin brownies are a tasty and nutritious gluten free treat.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée unsweetened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 flax eggs mix 6 tablespoons of cold water with 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and let chill in the fridge for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Add the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, olive oil, flax eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and cocoa powder to a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine.
Add the coconut flour and baking soda and mix again.
Spoon the batter into an 8 inch square parchment paper lined baking dish and use a spatula to smooth it down into an even layer.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
Let cool completely before serving.
Makes 12 vegan pumpkin brownies.
- You can substitute ready mixed pumpkin spice instead of the spices I've specified in the recipe.
Serving: 1Brownie | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3177IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg