Paleo Butternut Squash Soup
This paleo butternut squash soup is creamy, smooth, and flavorful. It's quick and easy to make too. This comforting soup is perfect for the holidays, especially if you're entertaining guests with various dietary requirements.
- 4 cups peeled and chopped raw butternut squash
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: garnish with fresh chives, a drizzle of olive oil, and/or a handful of roasted pumpkin seeds.
Add the butternut squash, onion, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, water, salt, and pepper to a large pot on the stove.
Cover the pot and simmer on low-medium heat for 45 minutes.
Use an immersion blender, regular blender, or food processor to purée the soup to a smooth consistency.
- You can substitute any type of plant-based milk you prefer.
- Store this paleo butternut squash soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9921IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg