Paleo Butternut Squash Soup
This paleo butternut squash soup is creamy, smooth, and also happens to be vegan.
- 4 cups peeled and chopped raw butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Optional: garnish with fresh chives basil, or parsley
Add the butternut squash, onion, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, water, salt, and pepper to a large pot on the stove.
Cover the pot and simmer on low-medium heat for 45 minutes.
Use an immersion blender to purée the soup to a smooth consistency (or transfer to a regular blender).
Makes 6 servings of paleo butternut squash soup.
- You can substitute whatever plant-based milk you prefer.
- This soup works well with carrots or sweet potatoes instead of butternut squash too, so feel free to substitute or do a combination.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9921IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg