This pesto quinoa is a healthy and easy plant-based meal.
- 2 cups raw baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup walnuts or substitute your preferred nut or seed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Optional: garnish with sun dried tomatoes
Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
Add the spinach, basil, lemon juice, water, walnuts, garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Mix the quinoa with the pesto sauce and serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings of pesto quinoa.
- You can substitute whatever greens, nuts/seeds, or fresh herbs you prefer. Just keep the proportions of greens to herbs to nuts/seeds the same as what I've specified in the recipe.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1723IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3mg