Gluten Free Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
This gluten free, vegan sweet potato casserole is perfect as a side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 4 cups cooked and peeled mashed sweet potatoes (bake 5-6 medium sized sweet potatoes in the oven or boil them in a pot of water until tender. Then peel and mash with a potato masher)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (or substitute cassava flour or any gluten free flour of your choosing)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spoon the mashed sweet potatoes into an 8 inch baking dish and spread them in an even layer.
In a mixing bowl, add the pecans, oat flour (or any other gluten free flour you prefer), garlic, salt, pepper, sage, chives and olive oil.
Mix well and then spread that mixture over the mashed sweet potatoes in an even layer.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
Makes 8 servings of gluten free vegan sweet potato casserole.
- For a nut free version of this recipe, substitute pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds instead of pecans.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9451IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg