Vegan Apple Crumble with Coconut Flour
This gluten-free, vegan apple crumble is made with coconut flour and other nutritious ingredients. This vegan crumble is perfect for fall or whenever you're craving a nutritious, apple treat.
For the apple layer:
- 4 cups peeled and chopped raw apples
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the crumble topping:
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the apples, 1 teaspoon coconut flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
In a food processor (or high powered blender) add 1/3 cup coconut flour, pecans, coconut oil, coconut sugar, lemon zest and salt.
Process with several quick on/off pulses to combine all the ingredients.
Spoon the apple mixture into an eight inch baking dish and then spread the crumble mixture evenly on top of the apple mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- You can substitute your preferred oil for the coconut oil in this vegan crumble.
- Any type of apple will do, but my personal favorite is golden delicious.
- Store this vegan apple crumble with coconut flour in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg