Hidden Veggie Muffins
These hidden veggie muffins are perfect for picky kids. They're sweet, chocolaty, and delicious. These nutritious muffins are also vegan and refined sugar free.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or substitute all purpose flour)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped kale (or substitute spinach)
- 1 cup carrot juice (or substitute any type of plant-based milk or regular milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the kale, carrot juice, maple syrup, olive oil, and salt to a food processor.
Blend for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the food processor or blender as needed to make sure there are no larger pieces of kale.
Transfer that mixture to a mixing bowl.
Add the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, then use a whisk to mix until combined.
Divide the batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin pan lined with paper baking cups.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out looking clean.
Allow the muffins to cool off for at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
- Store these hidden veggie muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or freeze them for up to six months.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 158.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.7g | Protein: 3.3g | Fat: 5.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.4g | Sodium: 88.7mg | Potassium: 207.1mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4320.6IU | Vitamin C: 6.9mg | Calcium: 81.8mg | Iron: 1.3mg