This dairy-free frittata is a tasty, low carb, paleo diet friendly, breakfast or brunch idea. It's quick and easy to make too. This frittata is loaded with vegetables and tastes delicious served at any temperature.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (or substitute any other type of mushroom)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Place a large ovenproof pan on the stove set to low-medium heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil, spinach, and mushrooms, then cook until they release their water and all the water evaporates. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
Add the eggs, chopped scallions, parsley, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl, then use a whisk to mix well.
Add the egg and herb mixture to the pan, then arrange the tomatoes on top. Let the frittata cook and solidify a bit on the stove for about 5 minutes, then put the pan in the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes or until the top of the frittata looks solid and light golden brown. Watch carefully while broiling the frittata to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Optional additions: 1/4 cup each of caramelized onions and/or sun dried tomatoes, if desired.
- Store this dairy-free frittata in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1848IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg