Chickpea Flour Muffins
These chickpea flour muffins are vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free. They're sweet, fluffy, and so delicious. You'd never guess they're made with chickpea flour!
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 cup berries or chopped fruit (either fresh or frozen. Alternatively you can substitute 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate instead of berries or fruit.)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the chickpea flour, salt, and baking soda to a large mixing bowl, then mix well.
Add the unsweetened applesauce, maple syrup, olive oil, pure vanilla extract, and vinegar or lemon juice, then use a whisk to mix well.
Add the berries or chopped fruit and mix once more.
Divide the batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin pan lined with paper baking cups (or alternatively you can skip the paper baking cups and grease the muffin pan instead).
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 37 minutes or until the muffin tops look golden brown.
Let cool before removing from the pan and serving.
- Store these chickpea flour muffins in an airtight container for up to three days or freeze them for up to six months.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg