This peanut butter chocolate no churn ice cream is a delicious and more nutrient dense version of the classic frozen treat. It’s sweetened with raw honey and made with milk, cocoa powder and natural peanut butter. It has just the right amount of salt to give this dessert a nice balance of sweet and salty.
Main ingredients in this no churn ice cream
This ice cream is rich and delicious tasting, with a delightful texture that is a cross between ice cream and frozen pudding. This treat is definitely an indulgence and not particularly low in calories, so a small portion is all you’ll need to satisfy (suggested serving size is 1/4 cup).
You’ll need a food processor or blender to make this peanut butter chocolate no churn ice cream recipe, although if any of you don’t have either of those appliances and want to try mixing this up by hand, give it a go and I suspect with enough elbow grease it will work.
This ice cream is delicious as is, but to take it to the next level for a really special treat, use it to make ice cream sandwiches with these vegan cookies. Make a batch or two and store them in the freezer for up to six months.
Peanut Butter Chocolate No Churn Ice Cream
- Blender or food processor
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the natural peanut butter to a microwave safe dish or pot on the stove and microwave or cook on low heat until the peanut butter is a liquid consistency.
- Then add the peanut butter to a food processor (or blender) along with the honey, milk, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Blend or process all the ingredients for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and for at least four hours.
- Let the ice cream thaw for a few minutes at room temperature so it softens enough to scoop.
- Makes 2 1/4 cups of peanut butter chocolate no churn ice cream.
- You can omit the cocoa powder for a plain peanut butter ice cream if you prefer.
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I create simple, gluten free recipes that call for nourishing, nutrient-rich ingredients.