These paleo pumpkin muffins are spiced just right with a well-balanced blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, ginger, and cloves. This particular spice combination just screams fall (I dare you to eat one of these muffins while wearing a hand-knit woolen scarf, with orange fallen leaves crunching underfoot).
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins – Key Ingredients And Substitutions
These dairy free pumpkin muffins are easy to make and are lightly sweetened with raw honey. These muffins are grain free, so they’re perfect if you’d prefer to avoid traditional grain flours. I used coconut flour in this recipe because it’s a great grain free and gluten free flour option which also happens to be lower carb and quite nutrient dense.
I used canned pumpkin purée in these muffins (be sure to get the unsweetened variety) but you can make your own puréed pumpkin if you prefer. Just cook the pumpkin until tender and then blend it to a purée consistency.
Serve these paleo pumpkin muffins over and over again for breakfast, snack, or dessert this fall until you’ve had your fill of all things pumpkin spice. They’re easy to make, healthy, and turned out so delicious.
For another delicious gluten free muffin recipe, try these vegan applesauce muffins. They’re also nut free so perfect as a nutritious school snack.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Add the pumpkin, honey, olive oil, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk well until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and mix again.
- Spoon the batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 paleo pumpkin muffins.
- You can swap the honey for maple syrup and the olive oil for melted coconut oil or whatever other oil you prefer.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins Nutritional Information:
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.