These sauteed butternut squash noodles with fresh sage, parsley, chives, garlic, lemon, and olive oil are a simple, healthy, and delicious side dish that is sure to please.
This would make an excellent side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas because it’s so easy to throw together at the last minute, plus it doesn’t take up any oven space. It’s perfect for entertaining guests with various dietary restrictions because it’s gluten free, vegan, low carb, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
If you’re trying to avoid pasta, or grains in general, spiralized noodles made out of butternut squash, sweet potatoes, beets, or zucchini are excellent options. When seasoned and sauced to perfection, these vegetables will be just as satisfying.
For another delicious plant based butternut squash recipe, try this vegan butternut squash risotto. It’s an easy, no stir method that’s perfect for entertaining.
Sauteed Butternut Squash Noodles
- 3 cups spiralized butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 fresh sage leaves
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Tear up the sage leaves and sautée them in a pan with olive oil on medium heat.
- Add spiralized butternut squash and chopped garlic to the pan and cook until the squash is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the palrsley, chives, sage, lemon, salt, and pepper, and cook for another minute or two to let all the flavours meld.
- Makes six portions of sauteed butternut squash noodles.
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.