This gluten-free, vegan microwave cookie is an easy, nutrient-dense treat for one. It’s sweet and chocolaty with a hint of saltiness and plenty of vanilla flavor. This microwaveable cookie is perfect for those times when you want a really quick treat or don’t have access to a regular oven.
What to serve with this vegan microwave cookie
For an extra indulgent treat, serve this cookie with this sweet dark chocolate hummus. It’s loaded with nutrients and is really easy to make.
Ingredients and substitutions
You can use any type of nut butter you like in this recipe, just choose a variety with no added sugar or salt. Almond butter, peanut butter, or cashew butter are all good options. Or for a nut-free version you can use pumpkin seed butter or sunflower seed butter.
This microwaveable cookie is made with coconut flour. I don’t recommend substituting other flours in this recipe because coconut flour is much more absorbent than most other flours.
Pure vanilla extract gives this cookie a delicious flavor and aroma. Be sure to use pure vanilla extract as opposed to artificial vanilla flavor if possible.
You can use vegan dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate if you prefer. Or substitute any type of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate that suits your taste and dietary requirements.
How to make it
Start by adding the nut butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl.
Use your hands to combine all the ingredients into a dough, then roll it into a ball (this is a sticky job but you can wear kitchen gloves if you prefer).
Place the dough ball on a piece of parchment paper on a microwave safe plate.
Use your fingers to flatten the cookie dough ball into a circle.
Microwave on high power for 30-60 seconds. 60 seconds is perfect in my microwave, but microwave strengths do vary, so to avoid burning the cookie you can start with 30 seconds, then add additional time until the cookie looks solid and light golden brown.
Let the cookie to cool off for 10-20 minutes before enjoying. The cookie will get crispier as it cools off, so eat it sooner if you prefer soft cookies or wait longer if you like crispy cookies.
You’ll probably want to enjoy this cookie as soon as it cools off, but if not you can store it in an airtight container for up to three days.
To give this vegan microwave cookie an extra layer of flavor and texture, mix one tablespoon of chopped nuts into the cookie dough.
More gluten-free, vegan cookie recipes
- These vegan olive oil cookies are crispy, sweet, and fragrant.
- These gluten-free, vegan gingerbread cookies are warmly spiced and perfect for the holidays.
- These vegan pecan cookies are easy to make and delicious.
- These maple syrup chocolate chip cookies are sweet and chewy with a hint of saltiness.
Vegan Microwave Cookie
- Parchment paper
- 1 tablespoon nut butter with no added sugar or salt (natural peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter are all good options)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Add the maple syrup, nut butter, vanilla extract, coconut flour, baking powder, vegan chocolate chips, and salt to a microwave safe bowl.
- Use your hands to combine all the ingredients into a dough, then roll it into a ball (this is a sticky job so wear kitchen gloves if you prefer).
- Place the cookie dough ball on a piece of parchment paper on a microwave safe plate.
- Use your fingers to flatten the dough ball into a circle shape.
- Microwave on high power for 30-60 seconds (60 seconds is perfect in my microwave, but microwave strengths do vary, so to avoid burning the cookie you can start with 30 seconds, then add additional time until the cookie looks solid and light golden brown).
- Allow the cookie to cool off for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- This vegan microwave cookie will get crispier as it cools off, so let it cool for 10 minutes before eating it if you prefer soft cookies or 20 minutes if you like crispy cookies.