This simple lemon oregano vinaigrette is bursting with flavor. It’s delicious tossed with fresh greens. This lemon oregano salad dressing is quick and easy to make.
What to serve with this lemon oregano vinaigrette
Toss this vinaigrette with any type of salad greens or other raw veggies you like. It’s also delicious drizzled on top of roasted vegetables like these yummy balsamic roasted asparagus.
Ingredients and substitutions
Fresh lemon juice works best in this recipe. I don’t recommend substituting bottled lemon juice in this salad dressing because the flavor just isn’t the same.
Fresh lemon zest gives this lemon oregano vinaigrette a big boost of lemony flavor. You can omit it if you’re in a hurry but I highly recommend including it if possible because it makes a huge difference to the flavor.
I used dried oregano in this dressing but fresh works too, so use whichever you prefer. If using fresh oregano, be sure to finely chop it and increase the amount to two teaspoons.
How to make it
Start by adding the lemon zest, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, and salt to an airtight container with a tight fitting lid.
Shake the container until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. This should take about a minute.
Toss with salad or store the dressing in the fridge for up to five days. This recipe makes enough dressing for four servings.
I like to use a microplane zester to remove the lemon zest. It gives the zest a delicate, fine texture. Any other type of zester or grater works too.
To get as much juice out of each lemon as possible, use the palm of your hand to press the lemon firmly against the countertop before slicing the lemon in half and squeezing out the juice.
Store the vinaigrette in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Shake the container again to mix the ingredients immediately before serving.
To add an extra layer of flavor to this lemon oregano vinaigrette, add half a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic.
More salad dressing recipes to try
- This maple vinaigrette has a delicious balance of sweet and savory flavors.
- This avocado green goddess dressing is creamy and flavorful.
- This ranch-inspired, vegan almond almond butter salad dressing is quick and easy to make.
Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
- Airtight container with tight-fitting lid
- The zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or substitute 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, and salt to an airtight container with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake the container until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Use immediately or store the dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days, then shake it again to mix the ingredients before serving.
You might also like
- If you’re looking for refined sugar-free, plant-based recipes to try, this list of vegan recipes with dates has got you covered.