I’ve been craving fall flavours lately, hence these gluten free paleo apple muffins. They’re spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and are heavy on the apples (as any good apple muffin should be, in my opinion). They taste like apple pie in muffin form and are perfect for breakfast or snack.
I think these muffins are sweet and satisfying enough to be eaten for dessert too. Especially if you add a little drizzle of this refined sugar free caramel sauce on top. It will definitely take these muffins to whole other level of decadence.
Paleo Apple Muffins – Key Ingredients
These gluten free apple muffins are made with coconut flour which is a nutritious paleo flour which I love baking with. In addition to being paleo diet friendly, these muffins are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free too.
They’re lightly sweetened with a bit of raw honey but you can substitute maple syrup if you prefer and the results will be delicious too. If you have a particularly sweet tooth, you could add some raisins to the batter for some extra sweetness. I love the combination of apples, cinnamon, and raisins so I’ll be trying out that addition soon.
These paleo apple muffins are quick and easy to whip up and definitely belong in your rotation of paleo baked goods. Feel free to double the batch and freeze some so you’ve got a stash of them waiting for you in the freezer when you need to grab something on the run.
I used pink crisp apples in these paleo apple muffins because that’s what I happened to have lying around, but go ahead and use whatever apple variety you have on hand. I can’t wait to make these again with honey crisp apples as soon as they’re in season.
More Muffin Recipes:
- These paleo lemon poppy seed muffins are fresh and zingy tasting. They’re nutrient dense and perfect for breakfast on the go.
- Or for another tasty grain free muffin recipe, try these paleo cranberry muffins. They’re easy to make, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Paleo Apple Muffins
- 2 cups peeled and chopped raw apples
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add the eggs, honey, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and use a whisk to mix well for one minute.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and mix again to combine.
- Add the apples and stir once more.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 12 paper lined muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 paleo apple muffins.
- You can substitute maple syrup instead of raw honey in this recipe.
- Raisins are a nice addition to the recipe if you’re craving extra sweetness.
Paleo Apple Muffins Nutritional Information:
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.