I’ve been craving fall flavours lately, hence these paleo apple muffins. They’re spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla and are heavy on the apples (as any good apple muffin should be, in my opinion). They taste like apple pie in healthy muffin form and are perfect as a healthy breakfast or snack.
These apple muffins are made with coconut flour which is a nutritious paleo flour which I love baking with. In addition to being paleo diet friendly, these muffins are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free too. They’re lightly sweetened with a bit of raw honey but you can substitute maple syrup if you prefer and the results will be delicious too.
These muffins are quick and easy to whip up and definitely belong in your rotation of healthy baked goods. Feel free to double the batch and freeze some so you’ve got a stash of them waiting for you in the freezer when you need to grab something on the run.
I used pink crisp apples in these muffins because that’s what I happened to have lying around, but go ahead and use whatever apple variety you have on hand. I can’t wait to make these again with honey crisp apples as soon as they’re in season.
Paleo Apple Muffins
- 2 cups peeled and chopped raw apples
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Add the eggs, honey, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and use a whisk to mix well for one minute.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and mix again to combine.
- Add the apples and stir once more.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 12 paper lined muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 paleo apple muffins.
Paleo Apple Muffins Nutritional Information: