Paleo banana bread is the perfect grain free breakfast for banana lovers. This one turned out sweet, moist and cakey with a slightly dense texture that is perfectly satisfying when you’re craving a treat. It’s gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and grain free so this treat is perfect for feeding a crowd with various dietary restrictions.
To keep this banana bread paleo I opted to use coconut flour which is a wonderful alternative to conventional flours because it’s lower in carbohydrates, higher in fiber, and quite nutrient dense. It gives this refined sugar free treat an ever so slightly coconutty taste, but certainly the main flavour that shines through is still the banana.
I love baking with extra virgin olive oil because it’s a particularly healthy fat, so that’s what I opted to use in this recipe, but go ahead and substitute melted coconut oil or any other oil of your choosing.
Slice this banana bread up into portions, freeze them, and defrost as needed for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack. This is perfect for school lunches or to bring to work too.
This would probably work well as muffins too, although I haven’t tested that yet. I suspect that if you use a muffin tray instead of a loaf pan and reduce the baking time to 35 minutes this recipe should work nicely as muffins.
Paleo Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Add the bananas, olive oil, eggs, honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to a blender and blend until well mixed (or use an immersion blender and a large mixing bowl).
- Transfer to a bowl and add the coconut flour and baking soda and mix thoroughly, making sure to incorporate any lumps from the coconut flour.
- Pour into a parchment lined medium sized 9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Makes 10 slices of paleo banana bread.
Paleo Banana Bread Nutritional Information:
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.