This avocado green goddess dressing is loaded with fresh herbs. It’s rich, creamy, and has a refreshing zing from the fresh lemon juice. This paleo diet friendly, vegan green goddess dressing can also be used as a dip or sauce.
What to serve with this avocado green goddess dressing
You can make a delicious salad by tossing the dressing with lettuce, baby spinach, or arugula (or any other greens of your choosing). Add any other fresh chopped veggies you like, then toss with the dressing.
This avocado green goddess dressing works equally well tossed with salad greens or served alongside raw veggies or these these chickpea flour crackers. Or use it as a sauce for grilled vegetables, tofu, or beans. Or use it as a nutrient-dense alternative to mayonnaise in sandwiches.
Ingredients and substitutions
Fresh basil, tarragon, parsley, and chives give this dressing its delicious, herbaceous flavor. You can substitute other fresh herbs if you prefer. If you love cilantro, add some instead of the parsley. Mint would be a nice alternative as well. Practically any combination of fresh herbs will work nicely in this paleo green goddess dressing.
Avocado gives this dressing its rich, creamy texture and adds plenty of nutrients. Be sure to use avocado that is tender and ripe, but hasn’t started to turn brown on the inside yet.
Fresh lemon juice adds a bright, tangy flavor to this dressing. You can substitute fresh lime juice if you prefer.
How to make it
This paleo green goddess dressing is quick and easy to prepare. Add the basil, tarragon, parsley, chives, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, avocado, cold water, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Process/blend until a smooth texture is achieved, then toss with your favorite salad ingredients or use it as a dip for raw veggies.
Store this avocado green goddess dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
More salad ideas
- For another delicious way to get your greens in, try this sweet baby kale salad.
- This maple vinaigrette dressing has the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors.
- This beetroot and sweet potato salad with sweet potatoes, goat cheese, and arugula is perfect for the holidays.
- This vegan watermelon salad is perfect for summertime entertaining.
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Blender or food processor
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add the basil, tarragon, parsley, chives, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, avocado, water, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender.
- Process/blend until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Toss with salad or use as a dip for raw vegetables.
- Store this avocado green goddess dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
You might also like
- This vegan butternut squash risotto is easy to make and perfect for entertaining.
- This vegan microwave cookie is perfect when you’re craving a quick and nutritious treat.
- If you haven’t tried the combination of pasta and tahini, this easy dish is perfect for a tasty, filling dinner or lunch.
- These chickpea flour wraps are quick and easy to prepare.