I love ketchup, but hate that the store bought varieties contain so much sugar, so I developed a paleo ketchup recipe that’s refined sugar free. It’s got the right balance of salty, sweet, tangy and savoury flavours, and the consistency is spot on.
This paleo ketchup is so easy and takes just a couple of minutes to prepare. I love to serve this with homemade oven fries or omelettes. I can’t imagine using sugary store bought ketchup when it’s so easy to make this delicious and more nutritious alternative.
For another nutritious condiment, try this paleo bbq sauce recipe. It’s easy to make and full of sweet and tangy flavour.
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or substitute for whatever vinegar you like
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons date paste
- Combine the tomato paste, apple cider vinegar (or substitute for whatever vinegar you like), garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and date paste in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Makes 12 servings of paleo ketchup.
- You can store the ketchup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.