These gluten free dairy free blueberry muffins are a delicious breakfast or snack option to add to the rotation. They’re easy to make and call for simple, nutritious ingredients.
These muffins are refined sugar free and sweetened only with date paste, which makes them a good option if you’re trying to reduce your consumption of added sugars. Date paste is easy to make and great for sweetening muffins, cakes, and other refined sugar free treats. To make date paste, simply soak dates in boiling water, then blend (see my recipe for specific amounts).
These muffins are also grain free and call for coconut flour which gives them a subtle coconut flavour that complements the blueberries and vanilla in this recipe. Coconut flour is a wonderful alternative to all purpose flour because it’s high in fiber and protein. It’s also quite nutrient dense. It works well in gluten free baking and imparts a slightly sweet flavour and a satisfying, cake-like texture.
This recipe calls for extra virgin olive oil, but feel free to substitute liquid coconut oil if you prefer (or any other type of relatively neutral flavoured oil).
I used fresh blueberries in this recipe, but frozen will do just fine. You can use whatever berries you have on hand, so feel free to substitute any other type of berry in this recipe such as raspberries or blackberries.
These gluten free dairy free blueberry muffins are perfect for picky kids. They’re a great way to sneak in some extra nutrients with no added sugar.
More Gluten Free Dairy Free Muffin Recipes
For another delicious muffin recipe, try these savory muffins. They’re grain free and easy to make.
Or try these sweet potato muffins. They’re nutritious enough to eat for breakfast but they taste like dessert.
These chocolate muffins will satisfy any chocolate craving. They’re gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins
- Blender or food processor
- 1 cup date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or substitute your preferred oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the date paste, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor and blend/process for about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend/process for a few more seconds to combine.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and stir in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into a muffin tray with paper muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 gluten free dairy free blueberry muffins.
- Store these muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or freeze for up to six months.
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I create simple, gluten free recipes made with nourishing, nutrient-rich ingredients.