These gluten free, dairy free, paleo blueberry muffins are a delicious on-the-go breakfast or snack. They’re sweetened only with date paste so they’re a good option if you’re trying to reduce your consumption of refined sugar.
To keep these gluten free dairy free blueberry muffins grain free, I opted to use coconut flour which gives these muffins a subtle coconut flavour which pairs nicely with the blueberries and vanilla in this recipe. Coconut flour is a wonderful alternative to all purpose flour because it’s high in fiber and protein. It’s also particularly nutrient dense. It works so well in gluten free baking and imparts a slightly sweet flavour which is why i love using it in muffins and desserts.
I love baking with extra virgin olive oil so that’s what I went with in these paleo muffins, but feel free to substitute melted coconut oil if you prefer an even stronger coconut flavour in these muffins. Any healthy oil of your choosing should work well in this recipe.
These paleo blueberry muffins are great if you’ve got a picky kid in the house who needs to be enticed by something sweet. You can feel good about giving this to kids since all of the ingredients are quite nutrient dense. They’re gluten free, grain free, dairy free and nut free too so go ahead and pack these as nutritious school snacks.
For another delicious muffin recipe, try these gluten free savory muffins. They’re the perfect way to sneak some more veggies into your diet.
Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup date paste (see my date paste recipe for instructions)
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or substitute your preferred oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- Add the date paste, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor and blend/process for about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend/process for a few more seconds to combine.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and stir in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into a muffin tray with paper muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 33 minutes.
- Makes 12 paleo blueberry muffins.
Paleo Blueberry Muffins Nutritional Information:
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.