These garlic roasted radishes are an easy and delicious low carb side dish. They’re a great alternative to roasted potatoes. These oven baked radishes are simple enough to throw together on busy weeknights but also make a great lightened up side dish for holiday gatherings. They also happen to be gluten-free, vegan, and paleo diet-friendly so they’re a good option if you’re accommodating guests with various dietary restrictions.
Main ingredients and substitutions
This recipe calls for fresh radishes. I used pink radishes this time but any variety of radish will work, so use whatever looks good.
I prefer to use fresh garlic in this dish but in a pinch you can substitute jarred chopped garlic or garlic powder.
This recipe calls for extra virgin olive oil but you can substitute any other type of oil you prefer.
I like to season these radishes with dried rosemary (fresh rosemary is fine too). Alternatively you can substitute dried thyme, oregano, or basil if you like.
How to make them
These baked radishes are simple to prepare. Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then grab a large sheet pan and line it with a piece of parchment paper.
Wash, dry, and trim the stem and root ends of the radishes, then cut them in half before measuring.
Add the radishes, extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and salt to the parchment paper lined sheet pan. Use your hands to toss the radishes with the oil and spices (or you can use a mixing bowl instead, but I prefer to mix everything on the sheet pan so there’s one less dish to clean). Then spread the radishes in an even layer.
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 48 minutes, or until they’re fork tender and look a bit crispy around the edges.
Store the radishes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
For an extra flavor boost, sprinkle one tablespoon of finely chopped fresh herbs on top of these garlic roasted radishes once they’re finished cooking. Fresh basil, chives, dill, or tarragon are all good options.
More side dish recipes to try
- This baked okra recipe is easy to make and loaded with flavor.
- This baked polenta is perfect for entertaining.
- This quinoa is smothered in a delicious fresh pesto sauce.
- These slow roasted onions are budget-friendly and flavor-loaded.
Garlic Roasted Radishes
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- 4 cups radishes (cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash, dry, and trim the stem and root ends of the radishes, then cut them in half before measuring.
- Add the radishes, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to toss the radishes with the oil and spices, then spread them in an even layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 48 minutes, or until they're fork tender and slightly crispy around the edges, then serve.
- Store these garlic roasted radishes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Optional addition: when the radishes are finished cooking, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh herbs such as basil, chives, dill, or tarragon on top before serving.