This creamy, dairy free, gluten free tomato coconut soup is so comforting, filling, delicious, and really easy to make. I love the combination of tomatoes, coconut milk, garlic, ginger, and curry powder. This soup contains only nutritious ingredients and really is a meal in and of itself, so you can add this to your repertoire of healthy dairy free and gluten free dinner or lunch recipes.
I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this soup recipe, but sometimes I swap the chicken for tofu to make a vegan tomato coconut soup and I love it that way too.
For another tasty gluten free soup recipe, try this vegan cream of cauliflower soup. It’s rich, creamy and so easy to make.
Tomato Coconut Soup
- 1 680 ml or 23 oz jar of strained tomatoes (or substitute canned crushed tomatoes)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or substitute tofu)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 can of chopped baby corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 340 g brown rice noodles optional
- In a large pot, add the tomatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic, and ginger and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Add the chicken (or tofu) and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and baby corn and simmer covered for an additional 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as is or over brown rice noodles.
- Makes 6 servings of tomato coconut soup.
I’m Jennifer, the author at A Sweet Alternative. I’m a home cook with a passion for creating gluten free and refined sugar free recipes that call for nutritious ingredients.